Job offer | Flight Attendant Position in chicago
Would you enjoy traveling the U.S. and even the world? Are you eager to provide exceptional service and ensure a comfortable and relaxing flight for all of our customers? Are you genuinely friendly and willing to put others first? You’d make a great Flight Attendant for United Airlines at one of our seven hubs.
As our most highly visible employee, you are expected to prepare and serve meals, snacks, and beverages, as well as conduct sales of food and liquor. We’ll also rely on your physical agility and strength to assist customers as they board and your leadership to maintain order in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Flight attendants at United are expected to display exceptional interpersonal skills, exercise good judgment, and be able to resolve conflicts with grace.
- Caring happens regardless of our customers’ dispositions or challenges. There will be moments where you are expected to remain calm and positive even when our customers are not.
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, food service, the aviation industry, safety-related positions, social service, healthcare/medical positions or the military would be ideal.
- United is pleased to offer employees a competitive compensation package including industry leading pay, exceptional benefits and travel privileges.
- Compensation for this role is paid at an hourly rate for hours flown or credited.
- Additional compensation for language skills, lead positions, and international trips.
- Bonuses for meeting customer satisfaction, arrival and departure targets, and rewards for perfect attendance.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- Flight privileges: you, your family, and your friends can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by.
- You will be assigned to one of our seven hubs (Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco or Washington Dulles) and are expected to have reliable transportation.
- You should possess and maintain a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas.
- You need to be eligible to work and travel freely within the U.S. and all countries we serve, without restriction.
- You should expect to work on reserve, with a guarantee of 78 flight hours per onth, based on operational needs.
- You are expected to be available for assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours and on limited notice.
- You should be willing to fly domestic and international flights and be away from your base for as many as seven or more days at a time.
- As you gain seniority, you will gain more flexibility and control over your schedule.
- Being able to maintain reliable, punctual attendance is critical.
- Dependability and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- 21 years of age or older at time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Height between 5’0” and 6’3” without shoes
- Professional appearance (e.g. no visible tattoos or facial piercings)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; fluently speaking and reading a second language is an asset
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g. lift luggage to overhead bin; lift window exit), and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g. should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.)
- Ability to pass vision, hearing and middle ear function tests, ten-year work history review, criminal background check, physical exam and drug screen
- Successful completion of an unpaid six-week training program (we provide a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast and lunch)
- Ability to purchase initial uniform and luggage ($720-$850; payment plan available)