What is Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme, 2020?
Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme, 2020 (SWAWLAMBAN‐II: 2020 scholarship examination) invites application from class 10 passed students who are in the age group of 16–40 years. A step towards the Digital India initiative, this online examination reduces the processing time of the results and helps deliver scholarships to meritorious students in a faster way. A total of 1405 scholarships will be given. The selected applicants will receive up to INR 5000 for 3 months.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme is under the Medhavi Mission is an initiative by the Human Resources & Development Mission.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant-
- Must have passed class 10 or its equivalent
- Should be in the age group of 16–40 years
What are the benefits ?
The organisation has categorised the scholarship into 4 types (Type A, B, C, D) to ensure only meritorious candidates get the scholarship.
- 291 candidates will be awarded INR 5000/- (Type A) for 3 consecutive months
- 315 candidates will be awarded INR 2500/- (Type B) for 3 consecutive months
- 258 candidates will get an award of INR 1000/- (Type C) for 3 consecutive months
- 541 candidates will get an award of INR 500/- (Type D) as a one-time scholarship based on the merit list and the number of applications received
How can you apply ?
The application can be done online with the following steps:
Step 1: Click on registration.
Step 2: Fill all the details.
Step 3: Click on submit and next.
Step 4: Now pay the application fee INR 300 for General/OBC and INR 250 for SC/ST.
Step 5: Submit the application.
What are the selection criteria ?
The selection process will be based on the results of an online test in the form of MCQs. The structure of the examination will be as follows:
- There will be 11 questions in the Reasoning section worth 11 marks
- There will be 11 questions in the Quantitative Aptitude section worth 11 marks
- There will be 9 questions in the General Studies section worth 9 marks
- Total duration to complete the MCQs will be 18 minutes
- A third of marks would be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The final results will be based on the merit of the candidates and in any case, the merit list cannot be less than 35% of the maximum marks.
- Type A scholarships are given to candidates who obtain 60 % or above in the exam, type B scholarships are given to candidates who obtain 50 % or above, type C scholarships are given to candidates with 40 % or above marks and type D scholarships are given to candidates with 35 % of marks.
What are the important dates ?
The application deadline is 1st February 2018
The tentative date of examination is 15 February 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The link for the online exam will be provided on the website in advance before the commencement of the exam.
- The exam will consist of 4 sections, each assigned a time limit that the candidates strictly need to adhere to.
- The organisation will be paying the scholarship to the candidates through bank transfer or PayTM wallet accounts in the name of the applicant.
- The tentative date of the examination is 15 February 2020 at 10:00 AM. Since it is an online exam, the candidates are free to choose the location and the exam can be accessed via laptops, personal computer or from the cyber café.
Find more details here.