Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship for Africans 2020
Deadline: 20 February 2020
There are two Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at £5000 in total.
- Any full-time Taught LLM programmes – see below:
- LLM (Master of Laws)
- LLM in Environmental Law and Sustainable Development
- LLM in Human Rights, Conflict and Justice
- LLM in International Commercial and Economic Law
- LLM in International Law
- LLM in Islamic Law
- LLM in Law and Gender
- LLM in Law, Development and Globalisation
- Part-time programmes are not eligible
Candidate Criteria for Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship for Africans 2020
- Must be domiciled in a developing country. Here’s a list of developing countries
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
- Possess a first class honours degree from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Have an unconditional offer (without pre-sessional English language) of admission to pursue the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions and receive an unconditional offer by the deadline. If your offer is unconditional with a pre-sessional English, please ensure you retake your English test and receive an unconditional offer (without pre-sessional English language) by the scholarship deadline.
Candidates will be assessed:
- On academic merit by a Selection Panel.
- Based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your online admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 15:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2020.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2020). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Application Procedures
There is a two-step procedure:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2020).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 15:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2020.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which opens HERE on the 23rd January 2020.
Successful candidates will be notified by end-June. If you have not heard from us by end-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships department:
Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091